Saturday, February 9, 2008

Who Will She Be?

I think Barack Obama can be expected to regard women voters as a well-defined constituency, like African-American voters, and like those voters expecting their needs to be met and demanding of respect. Certainly that is the political reality at the polls, as the gender gap between the two parties has become large. The women's vote is very real and the Democrat needs it to win, simple as that. I'm sure I'm not the only person on whom it is dawning, although I haven't seen much discussion of it: Obama's running mate is going to have to be a woman. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend? Or perhaps a senator from California would prove useful in the election. May I suggest people look at Kathleen Sebelius, governor of Kansas. Who else goes on the list?

No comments: